OTC Medications In The Workplace? Here’s What Your Co Workers Think…
89% of workers indicated that having OTC medications available from a nurse made it possible to complete their shift
University of Michigan Study Findings:
- The workers surveyed reported visiting their company’s health/medical department on average 10 times per year.
- The top four worker complaints that occurred while on the job were headaches, colds/sinus problems, muscle ache/pain, and burns.
- 73% of those surveyed regularly experienced headaches and cold and sinus symptoms while at work.
- More than half (55%) of those surveyed experienced muscle and joint pain at work.
- Almost half (46%) of employees experienced cuts and burns on their skin while on the job.
- 89% of those surveyed believed the over0the-counter medications provided by the company helped them feel well enough to complete their shifts.
- Employees strongly agree with the statement: “I highly recommend having over-the-counter medications available to workers in other work sites that currently do not have over-the-counter medications in place.”
University of Michigan workplace study sponsored by Medique Products.
Other Facts About Lost TIme in the Workplace:
- According to the Centers for Disease Control there are 358 million work-loss days each year related to acute conditions.
- Each year, there are more than 75 million work-loss days due to influenza.
Contact a UniFirst First Aid + Safety representative today for a free consultation.
Chat – Click the onscreen chat button